Vote Wayne Ashley for Iredell County, North Carolina Sheriff 2014
Qualifications and Experience
- Iredell County, NC resident for over 27 years.
- Over 22 years experience in law enforcement.
- Over 10,000 charges with a 99% plus conviction rate.
- More than 5 years as a recruiter for NC Highway Patrol.
- Training officer for over 10 years.
- One of 8 selected from over 1,600 troopers to write the Field Training Officer program manual for the NC Highway Patrol.
- Over 10 years business and personnel management experience.
- Successful small business owner for many years operating an auditing business and trucking company.
- Board of Directors Statesville Shrine Club – Shriners Hospitals for Children specializing in crippled and burned children.
- Active member of Mt. Moriah Masonic Lodge #690 supporting orphans and widows.
- Active member of Statesville Elks Lodge supporting our veterans and charitable services that help build stronger communities.
- Active member of South River Baptist Church and Choir Member. Mission team member with multiple international trips.
“I have met all qualifications for the Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Law Enforcement Certificate according to North Carolina criminal justice training and standards.”
Additional previous training to include but not limited to:
- Hostage Negotiations
- Active Shooter
- Advanced Drug Interdiction
- Advanced Investigation
- Human Relations
- Cultural Diversity
- Hazardous Material First Responder
- Radar and VASCAR Speed Timing Device
- Intoxilyzer for Breath and Alcohol Testing
Statesville Shrine Club
Statesville Elks Lodge
Mt. Moriah Masonic Lodge #690
“To meet the needs of all citizens, I pledge to take a very assertive and proactive effort in working closely with all local, state and federal agencies including but not limited to the Iredell County School Board Administration, Iredell County Department of Social Services, Iredell County Board of Commissioners, and the Statesville and Mooresville Chambers of Commerce.”